Nov

Eat & Drink All Night In Pune

So, Pune has a hookah joint – one at which you can eat and drink the night away. On Baner Road, Aundh, is a restaurant called SICE (Something I Can Eat) where you can eat at till about 1:30 am (that’s pretty late for Pune). But what you’ve got to do is ask the waiters of SICE for CO2, so they can guide you to a smoky underground place where you can smoke and drink till your lungs and liver beg for mercy above the blaring music. CO2 – Live The Smoke is where it’s at if you want to eat, drink, smoke or play pool or snooker all night long in Pune.

About these ads

31 Responses to “Eat & Drink All Night In Pune”

1. 1 Vicky
    November 11, 2010 at 14:11

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks

2. 3 pratik upveja
    November 12, 2010 at 19:45

guyz contact us for any requirementz regarding booking of snooker or pool tables,food,special hukkahz,partyz or eventz..and enjoy CO2 LIVE THE SMOKE environment with a happening crowd and music..!!

contact us for any queries

pratik-9970290000

neel-9766931094

3. November 13, 2010 at 07:32

Aditya what were you doing in this area of Pune and the other day in Hinjewadi? I spent my days in Hinjewadi and nights in the other area as that is where my rented house is ..

4. 9 komal
    November 29, 2010 at 14:18

hey cool i live very close to it but didnt know. will check it out for sure!!

5. 10 anurag
    January 22, 2011 at 06:33

CO2 – Live The Smoke (experience the hell)

Only thing you may like is the setting , dark, casual(in everything, food to service) with rock music
    But everything else really sucks big time

First Experience:
    I bought two coupons from snapdeal.com and went with my friend, the guys at Co2 asked had I done prior booking, which I had done by calling at day time but unfortunately they didn’t have my name, but they accepted one coupon after sometime.

Service:
    Most pathetic service I have seen in my life, instead of professional waiters they have hired two guys who are not sufficient to cater to all the crowd, owner guys themselves try to go asking around with ciggerrete in hand which may be be cool, but doesn’t serve the purpose.

We ordered beer and it took around 40 minutes for beer to come as if it was being brewed, and no body contacted us meanwhile, we tried to tell waiter 3 times and every time he told us to wait 5 mins, so we went to the counter and there we were told that they are out of the beer, they did not bother to tell that earlier or ask to get some alternate drink

Food order also took lots of time, see the next section to know why

Food:
    They don’t even cook their food, I think they have heard about outsourcing and hence outsourcing the orders to near by restaurant so that makes order to reach your table doubly slow and when it reaches it is cold, may be due to harsh Pune winter, in summer it would be warm
    Though taste wise it was ok, as ok as it can be for cold food.

Hukka:
    hukka was good but again they needed to be reminded twice before Hukka reached our table.

Though service was bad I was still ready to use my second coupon but my friend was in no mood to waste more time here, so we left the place and went to a better traditional place where service is better.

Second experience:
    As I had another snapdeal.com coupon with me I had to use it :(, called 5 time between 1.30 PM to 3 PM but no body picked the phone, so emailed them but never got a reply back.

Anyway went with my another friend in evening, but this time Co2 exceeded my expectation.

First Co2 guy insisted that why i did not do prior booking (though all seats were empty), when I told him I called 5 times and also emailed, he insisted that it can’t happen that no body picked the phone, as if i was lying and said they don’t check emails. cool!

Then he refused to accept the coupon, instead of treating me like a customer they treated me like a beggar asking for free food. I was bending over the counter to hear the owner guy who was whispering something about why they can’t accept the coupon, he did not bother to stand up and show some courtesy or to say that sorry they can’t accept the coupon.
    He first said this is snapdeal mistake they have distributed more coupons than they asked for, when I talked something about customer service and Co2 brand, he pretended to do something on phone and then said snapdeal site is down and hence they can’t check if my coupon is valid.
    When my friend said that he can access the site on his galaxy-s, they said their site is different one. I told him about the customer service number on the coupon, he said that is for you guys not for us.

We thought that was enough wasted time with the stubborn guys who don’t know who to treat guests , at-least he could have asked us to sit or have another order.
    Whatever we left the place and went to nearby ‘The great punjab’ which though bit costly have the best food and promptest service, may be Co2 guys should get some training there.

• January 22, 2011 at 08:23

Thanks for writing in, Anurag. I’m glad you left a comment to let people know what you think of the place! Looks like CO2 has a lot of things to work on!

• 12 Rahul
      February 7, 2011 at 09:58

CO2 is known for its customer service and hospitality.
      All I can say is “Fire spreads in the forest faster and the blossom of Flowers.”
      I insist you should have your experience and not go on some bad words.
      Be there and you will know by yourself!

6. 13 sameer
    January 22, 2011 at 07:01

Very bad restuarant tell the friend no bdoy should get cheated

• 14 Rahul
      February 7, 2011 at 09:59

Be there and you will know by yourself! I believe the earlier reviews should be verified and then posted and shouldn’t be refereed to.

7. 15 Vivek
    January 22, 2011 at 08:53

The place is run by a few dudes and is highly unprofessional. I do not think they have any experience of service industry and treat customers like beggars. We had tried to make a booking but no one picked up the phone. They refused to honour the SnapDeal coupon owing to the internet problem. They did not even offer us to sit down and take another offer or just buy a beer anyway. All in all will never visit again and you should visit only if you want the most unpleasant experience

• January 22, 2011 at 10:42

Damn! I’d no idea it was this bad. I won’t be going back because I can’t handle all the smoke, but your comment is really gonna make a difference to people who read this blog! Thanks!

• 17 Rahul
        February 8, 2011 at 08:27

Well all said and done.. One should not base their opinion by reading this.. There are loads and loads of people who love this place.. The person writing about this place Mehta has been there and loved it..

Someone who had one experience because of some a low cost coupon, should not be bad mouthing.. Not ethical..

Friends, be there I am sure you loved theplace and hodpitality you get there..

• 18 Rahul
        February 8, 2011 at 08:28

Friends, be there I am sure you loved the place and hospitality you get there..

• 19 Rahul
      February 7, 2011 at 10:00

I insist you should have your experience and not go on some bad words.

8. 20 Slayer666
    February 8, 2011 at 03:38

So here I can actually see ppl voicing their opinions against this shitty place.Thankfully

• 21 Rahul
      February 8, 2011 at 08:31

This is not voicing this is called bad mouthing. An unethical act..

CO2 has been always n will be the favorite hangout place who comes with right attitude..

• 22 sameer
        February 8, 2011 at 08:40

Ha ha ha…good one
        now adults need to learn from kids how to behave

and is someone criticizes you it is bad mouthing and you go on putting favorable reviews yourself and that is ethical

9. 23 anurag
    February 8, 2011 at 08:33

How come this is unethical?
    You first distribute so called “low cost coupons” and then do not honor them
    and treat customer like beggar and have guts to say this is bad mouthing and unethical?

Wow man wow

10. 24 anurag
    February 8, 2011 at 08:38

And yes please open a “Right Attitude” center outside CO2 which will train customers on how to behave once you enter CO2 the sacrosanct temple of stupidity and arrogance

11. 25 Amit Bhayani
    February 8, 2011 at 08:46

I have been to CO2. It was disaster. It took 30 mins for them to server another beer. Of course in these 30 mins I requested all dudes of CO2 and all of them replied (without any courtesy) yes it will be given in 5 mins. Felt like literally begging at one point.

Finally frustrated I approached bar counter only to be informed that beer are over and they are getting more. Superb! they could have told me same when I ordered second beer, I could have ordered something else.

Man these guys have some serious attitude problem, which is reflected in above posts too.

I will never ever dare to visit CO2 again.

12. 26 Deepa
    February 8, 2011 at 11:34

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You had been to Pune recently and you had the audacity to go without meeting me!!!! How rude is that… and plus you post a blog on a place in Pune that I have no clue of…. Rude!! Rude!!!

13. 27 Anonymous
    July 16, 2011 at 21:13

Seriously people. I dont know who this dude is, advocating CO2, but trust me, Its one of the shittiest places in Pune. Id rather eat at the all night joint at Pune station, than come to this shithole.

14. 31 Sean
    August 26, 2012 at 05:37

Dude I’ve never been to this place, though I’ve been looking for an all nighter place other than ‘Stumps’ which, while being a great place and all that, gets quite cramped once they down the shutter (people use the back door after that).

So anyway, about the CO2 place. I usually don’t let either positive or negative feedback sway me coz everybody has their opinions. However, if this Rahul dude with the heart shaped pic is in any way associated with the place, alarm bells are ringing in my head. If that is his attitude to negative customer feedback, then god help any enterprise he is connected to.