Mar

Breaking Mallya’s Monopoly

Beer finally gets the respect due, thanks to Sammy Sosa at Oshiwara, Mumbai. What I’ve learned is not to call for unusual sounding stuff like Mexican Pizza, even if it has lamb toppings (fillings here). Sammy Sosa has separate menus for food, beer and alcohol in other forms, bless them, and they stock imported beer like Carlsberg, Tuborg, Asahi, Foster’s, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Hoegaarden. What I like best about Sammy Sosa is they don’t serve Kingfisher beer or anything else that comes from Vijay Mallya. How’s that for a change? In case you’re confused as to how Hoegaarden is pronounced, just say ‘Ho Garden’ like everyone else does and make sure a group of women hears you say that aloud.

10 Responses to “Breaking Mallya’s Monopoly”

1. March 24, 2010 at 05:29

haha.. nice 1.. sammy sosa.. never been there..

2. 2 Vikas Sharma
    March 24, 2010 at 06:04

Ok, funny boy — it’s ‘who-gar-den’ 🙂 Great Belgian White Beer.

3. March 24, 2010 at 06:07

I love Hoegaarden. You should try Leffe if its available.

Does Khajuraho still sell in Mumbai? I heard a lot about it but never got to try it.

4. March 24, 2010 at 06:13

I was there last night and they have fucking CHIMAY! It’s one of the best beers I’ve ever tasted – brewed by Belgium monks to begin with.

Food was good too. I ordered the Fajitas and what I got was burritos so I guess its all good. (Best fajitas are at TGIF by the way)

5. March 24, 2010 at 06:16

I tried Leffe Blonde and Stella Artois at some point last year. I’ll write about them but only after having them again. Yeah, Khajuraho is quite popular with those who like very strong beer, I’ve never felt like tasting it.

6. 7 June
    March 24, 2010 at 08:16

Hoegaarden is pronounced, just say ‘Ho Garden’ like everyone else does and make sure a group of women hears you say that aloud. — LAMAO Mehta, you’re getting better and better, I likes! 😛

7. 8 Amit