Apr

Tehelka Goofs Up Bigtime

The Crow's Beak Is In Tehelka's Ass

Do not judge a magazine by its past is what I have learned today. Let me tell you what one of my favourite pastimes used to be: sitting in a bar on a Friday or Saturday, smoking 555 cigarettes, making a quarter of cheap vodka last 90 minutes by diluting it with lots of Limca, all this while browsing through the lastest copy of Tehelka. I don’t smoke or drink anymore, and with what has been brought to my attention, I don’t think I’ll be taking Tehelka as seriously again. An article written hastily by someone desperate to come up with a “groundbreaking” story, maybe an “expose”, in keeping with the Tehelka tradition. I won’t bother providing the links here – just google “tehelka” and “Indian rock” and you’ll find the article.

Tehelka, the magazine I used to respect the most, has just defecated all over itself with a poorly researched article struggling to make a feeble statement, no doubt written by someone clueless about the rock/metal scene in India, desperate to submit a story before a deadline. I’m truly disheartened today, and disappointed in the publication that I thought was the only one that could hold a mirror to the truth… there goes my favourite magazine’s credibility.
Refrain from purchasing any copies of Tehelka; it’s all available on the Internet, and anyway, why pay twenty bucks for a rag that will now be viewed as true or false as any other publication out there?

14 Responses to “Tehelka Goofs Up Bigtime”

1. 1 Rishu
    April 15, 2010 at 11:09

tru dat nigga

2. 2 Aditya Rao
    April 15, 2010 at 13:49

you quit smoking and drinking ? wtf when ?

April 15, 2010 at 13:58

It’s a Tarun Tejpal’s mastermind. It indeed caused a lot of furore as it exposed some of the famous scandals involving some hot shot big wigs. Tehelka in the 1990’s was bang in the middle of the action.

But you quit smoking and drinking! I feel, it should be featured as a special cover story in Tehelka’s latest edition. And it should be titled, “An out and out Satanist going sober.” 😉

Besides, “Liar Liar, your Denim will catch the fire!” hahaha 😛

4. April 15, 2010 at 14:00

been a regular reader of tehelka till last week..
    but this was too much to take!!
    such a piece of trash

5. 6 dpsychc
    April 15, 2010 at 14:18

Had been a huge supporter of Tehelka. Damn the bastards.

6. 7 Saurin
    April 15, 2010 at 15:41

Tehelka disappoints and Aditya Mehta lies.
    I can bet my bottom rupee he’ll be in a bar as soon as he can walk again.
    For the record, Aditya, I’ve boozed with you only once & don’t eant you quiting as yet.

7. 9 Saurin
    April 15, 2010 at 15:42

don’t want you to quit… Damn typo!

• April 15, 2010 at 15:58

Oh, I am getting out for some fresh air tonight…with a bunch of chicks who’ll be smoking up. This headache I’ve been suffering from is worse than any hangover and I don’t want to put any intoxicant in my system ever again! Nice Gujju boy I want to be.

April 16, 2010 at 08:41

Damn you Aditya Mehta! I would love to join those bunch of chicks if it wasn’t for my ever burgeoning work pressure which is driving me insane. It would be fun to have a no holds barred drinking and smoking session with you and especially, those seemingly bevvy of damsels in distress. hahahaha 😉

9. 12 Poonam
    April 17, 2010 at 13:56

Okay so you quit everything, but you are still putting up daaru contests no?

10. April 20, 2010 at 05:42

Tehelka works for Congress. Remember the BJP expose? They were the pimps who supplied the women. Never trust them.

11. 14 Kapil Chandra
    April 20, 2010 at 06:15

I’m proud to say I have never fallen for Tehelka’s lies.