Nov

City Youth To Paint A Wall While Its Sea Gets Destroyed

Now that the Maharashtrians have finished polluting the air and the sea, and the Bengalis have kept themselves content with just the sea, and the Gujaratis are done with contributing to noise pollution and air pollution for the year, the north Indians must make their presence felt by throwing stuff in the sea.

Of course, this is nothing new – there was a post about this last year, with photographs. Nothing really merits another post on it, with or without pictures.

What does need to be drawn attention to is that “The Wall Project”, an initiative to “beautify” the city, took place on the same day as the Chhat Puja last year.

And, this “Wall Project” will, believe it or not, take place on the same day as Chhat Puja this year as well.

So, the youth of Mumbai (or Bombay, if you prefer that – but should anyone care about the preferences of someone like you anymore?), the concerned residents of which, many of them of the “intellectual” variety, will turn a complete blind eye to their beaches and their sea getting gang-raped by yet another community (or – just another community gang-raping it).

These people, this youth, which screams at the top of their air pollution-fucked lungs into the noise pollution-fucked ears of everyone in sight – protesting without a thought, to the prospect of a statue being built off the city’s coastline (it turned out to be a political gimmick to garner attention and a few more votes, please stop patting yourselves on the back), proclaiming that your tax money was being stolen (do you know which arse your cash is being stuffed into as we speak?), suggesting that that money be donated to the Vidarbha farmers and their families instead (I bet you still haven’t sent anyone a cheque or bothered to find out what’s happening in your beloved Vidarbha right now) – forgets about everything they felt oh so strongly about immediately after jumping up and down in seething rage, signing every damn petition some stupid wannabe celebrity (whom you’re likely to see jumping up and down most of the time) thinks it fit to pass around. Clap your hands over your head like it’s a PT exercise. Moosh-moosh-raga-moosh.

So, are you still farting around on the ‘Save The Tiger’ thing? Come off it, that’s so last year. We have newer things to be angry about. The Common Wealth Games, yeah. Okay, let’s be as funny as we can while we’re at it. All of you who dream of the beaches of Bombay being full of bikini-clad women – ever realized it might give old Bal a heart attack and his grandson a boner he could beat Rohinton Mistry with?

For all the TED talks you’ve watched, all the blathering on world economics, feed the hungry, enrich the poor – do think of me when you train your offspring to light firecrackers safely or to bend over for some invisible force or to head-bang along with mataji.

Before I forget – I don’t have a point to make. It just amuses me that “The Great Wall Of Mumbai” will be painted again on the same day as the Chhat Puja. Maybe “The Wall Project” and north Indians refer to the same calendar.

I also understand it might be hard to see things my way – i.e. the top view, baby.

And with the Facebook wall on one side and “The Great Wall Of Mumbai” on  the other, it might be very hard. Even if you’re jumping up and down with the let’s-find-a-cause-to-support singer of some electronica band, you will need to have your eyes open.

But how dare I piss all over the “resilient” spirit of Mumbai, and how dare I forget you have last year’s crayons to doodle with while accepting what happens to our sea and our beaches festival after festival and embracing it as a “religious tradition.”

Paint it black.

11 Responses to “City Youth To Paint A Wall While Its Sea Gets Destroyed”

1. 2 The Supreme Dictator
    November 9, 2010 at 16:22

Slipknot rightly said People=Shit. When they are like these, only elegies are worthwhile

2. 3 The Supreme Dictator
    November 9, 2010 at 16:23

Slipknot rightly said People=Shit

3. 4 Bee Wee
    November 11, 2010 at 12:15

So what did you do for our city? Not bursting crackers doesn’t count! Oh, and this post does not “count” either.

• November 11, 2010 at 12:40

Well, for starters, I brought this to your attention.

And you get the top view, something you obviously can’t experience first-hand.

Thirdly, I’m not painting a BMC-donated wall to “beautify the city” when a bunch of ignorant fuck-wads are throwing shit in the sea.

I’m here to watch the end of the world, baby. It’s too fucked to be saved.

Spreading my wings and laughing at you all is fast becoming one of my favourite things.

So much fun it is – when you’re “beautifying the city”, I get to point your attention in another direction and say, “Look there!”.

Oh, and this post does count, my lady. Anything that makes you crawl out of your hole to throw a question or two at Mehta counts. Any more queries?

4. 6 Bee Wee
    November 11, 2010 at 13:14

Oh darling! Oh darling! Such Narcissism and such an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

I am glad you get to smirk and clap your hands while the rest of us have to stare at the drains riding in the bus. I for one am happy to look at some art through these grueling rides. Oh wait, you probably didn’t look out of your air conditioned car.

As for the top-view that you purport to provide me, well it might be worth your time to get your nose out of the air and I don’t know, say take a walk on the ground.

Also rockstar, while you consider your efforts as “bringing my things to our attention” the Wall Art project some might say serves the same purpose? Just a thought.

What else could one possibly ask you, you obviously have it all figured out, Baby!

Liked by 1 person

• November 11, 2010 at 13:49

Thanks for being happy for me. For the record, I’ve never had a car and I don’t have a motorcycle anymore.

Why does one need to get his/her nose out the air to be able to walk on the ground? Can’t they just feel ten feet tall and continue giving the top view to the “save the world” brigade that chooses to paint walls when their beaches and oceans are being used like trash bins?

I love it when chicks call me a “rock star”. It’s hilarious, but then, it does flatter me. And it’s hardly an effort bringing all this to your attention – I enjoy pointing such things out. In case you’ve been having trouble reading the post or my comments – I have no intention of saving the world, so there’s no purpose here. All I’m having is a lot of fun telling you what I see, and the reactions I get from people like you are the icing on the cake.

• 8 nishitguru
      April 10, 2016 at 05:03

Trust me this Mehta is just about Kehta cause he Doest have balls to kuch Karne ka

5. 9 nishitguru
    April 10, 2016 at 05:01

I think the start of the post is communal ! Or Persay regional ! What’s North Indians, Bengalis and all ! Can’t you just say Mumbaikars… Stop this discrimination !