May

Times Crest Writes About People Who Don’t Believe In God

An article that appears in this week’s edition of Times Crest comes as a breath of fresh air. Titled Godless And Loving It, the full-page story writes about a meet-up of people who don’t believe in the concept of god and cite it as “India’s biggest superstition”.

I’m thrilled to know there are so many more people who simply refuse to participate in this make-believe game adults play, this let’s-pretend-there’s-something-out-there game which they consciously suck their future generations into.

The number of seemingly intelligent people I’ve spoken to who not only can’t accept that they were misled by their gullible parents (who were misled by their gullible parents, and so on), but feel absolutely no shame in inducing the fear of god in their children is overwhelming.

And more than overwhelming, it is appalling.

How can you do that to your own child? I wouldn’t do it even to my enemies.

Below that wonderful article, there are two square boxes that carry stories of a Hindu and a Muslim.

The Hindu man speaks on how his parents were shocked to hear that he was an atheist and made him break 100 coconuts at a temple, and the Muslim man talks about how he offers namaz five times a day when he visits his parents but doesn’t do any of it at home; he’s a closet atheist.

It is amazing to hear stories of people who have rejected the concept of religion and don’t feel the need to depend on any higher power, and that there are many more freethinkers who are doing their bit to promote rational thinking.

Times Crest has scored major points with me for carrying the story, but reading it has made me angrier than before.

While I can’t attack your parents for being gullible and won’t criticize your choice of doing a Master’s in stupidity, here’s what I will say: Fuck you for what you are doing to your children.

ALSO READ:

Oh My Fucking Godman

Jim Carrey Makes Fun Of Ganpati

Spiritual Leader Who Likes To Fuck Starlets

36 Responses to “Times Crest Writes About People Who Don’t Believe In God”

1. 2 Nikhil
    May 22, 2011 at 04:30

Hell Yeah ! Time to wake up the dreamers !

2. 3 Asha Gidwani
    May 22, 2011 at 13:24

Incredibly, people who say they don’t believe in God are as demanding and bigoted as those who do.

• May 22, 2011 at 14:24

Could be. Atheists can also be pretty dumb.

Now, Satanists…

• 5 Asha Gidwani
        May 23, 2011 at 06:14

Without God, there cannot be Satan. One cannot exist without the other .

In this best possible of all worlds , Albert Einstein’s simple belief sums it up for me :

“I believe in Spinoza’s God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings”.

3. 7 Blood Of Absu
    May 23, 2011 at 09:18

Why are we so harsh on believers? These retards are human too.

FUCK THEM ALL.

4. 8 The Anarchist
    May 23, 2011 at 10:02

The faithful must be ridiculed.There is no other way.

5. 9 Ritesh Mayekar
    May 24, 2011 at 03:43

Atheists outnumber those who believe in GOD / Supreme Force 🙂

• May 24, 2011 at 08:29

Yeah? I didn’t know that. Cool!

• 11 Asha Gidwani
      May 27, 2011 at 15:30

What is the first thought in your head, when a fully loaded truck narrowly misses your car on a busy highway?

• May 28, 2011 at 03:23

It isn’t “Thank God!”, for sure! 🙂

• May 28, 2011 at 05:08

Let’s assume someone’s reaction to that would be “Thank God!”.

If the truck did kill him, his family would say “It was God’s will!”.

If he’d be dangling between life and death at the hospital… “It is in God’s hands!”.

How much sense would any of that make?

• 14 Asha Gidwani
          May 31, 2011 at 14:25

None. And you may be the exception. But even the most hardened atheist amongst us, does not thank the devil at such moments.

I don’t know if this is simply orientation from birth, or our helplessness turning to a higher power. But it poses an argument to devil worshippers.

• May 31, 2011 at 14:50

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Why do we need to credit/blame an external force which probably isn’t there for things that happen to us?

LaVeyan Satanists do not worship “the devil”. I suggest you read The Satanic Bible.

6. May 26, 2011 at 08:57

how about me and you start an association for non-believers? would be fun! registration fee – none, expectations – zero, beliefs – your own, sex – can have as much as you want, non veg and alcohol consumption – on any day of the week and so on and so forth…

7. 20 Ritesh Mayekar
    May 27, 2011 at 03:09

Just came across this link -Atheists have better sex lives than guilt-driven devotees 🙂 🙂

8. 21 Babubhai
    May 27, 2011 at 14:22

ganpati baapa chutia

9. 22 Bubonic-Blood
    May 27, 2011 at 19:44

I don’t think its accurate to call religious people or diests in general stupid. And I don’t think it makes you any smarter to reject god – I’m talking about deism vs atheism, not religion.

Neil deGrasse Tyson said it well and I’m paraphrasing – If you took a poll of people who knew the most about the nature of reality, namely scientsts and such, you will find that a non-zero percentaeg of them believe in god. Why is that? Are they all stupid? No, there has to be some other explanation. I tend to lean towards the view that religion and the desire to believe (in something or the other) is innate in us. It is an evolved trait which is the indelible stamp of our lowly origins from fearful and confused primates who knew nothing about how the world worked. They had to invent some form of mysticism to make sense of things and now we’re hardwired to believe this shit.

• May 28, 2011 at 03:30

I have a problem with the fact that they refuse to accept it and end up passing it on to their kids. Children, as we all know, will believe what their parents tell them, and getting brainwashed at such an early age makes it nearly impossible for them to turn around later in life. Just look at their parents whose parents did to them what they are doing to their children now. Despite being educated and literate and smart or whatever, there will always be some idiot who puts his kid on his shoulder and takes him to the fucking temple and makes him pray to something the child does not need. That child will grow up to become like his father, refuse to understand that he has been misled, and will pass the disease on to his children.

• January 23, 2013 at 11:24

Totally agreed, children deserve a free choice on this matter. It deeply affects their inner psychology. The problem with Hindu religion is parents are themselves not sure about the concept of God. I have more respect for religious wingnuts and VHP fanatics than middle-class parents who know nothing about why they’re worshipping that stone in a temple. If you want to be a religious freak, at least learn your subject well. Filling up a child’s fresh memory with blind superstitions is absolutely wrong, let him come to your God on his own terms if he wants to. Let him choose his own path in life.

In India, even many Christians and Muslims are not sure about their own scriptures – they have never read it but believe whatever their padri or maulvi preaches from the pulpit. I think I have read more Bible and Qu’ran than your average follower of these religions, even the parts that didn’t make sense like “when you rape a maiden, you pay 50 shekels to her father and then you can marry her”. Also, Muslims feel ashamed about portions of the Qu’ran where it’s written it’s their religious duty (jihad) to kill and inslave “infidels”. I have objection to the very word “Hindu” since according to recorded history, it was a word coined by Muslim invaders of India during the 12th century. Then there are the cults of Nityanandas, Asaram Bapus, ISKCON, Sathya Sai Baba etc., I feel visibly enraged and angrily pissed off when I see these criminals swindling blind followers, that too in their millions.

I believe every child is born an atheist, gradually as he grows up he may choose to have his own metaphysical understanding of the Universe and may feel a personal connection to God – even Physics recognizes something like the God particle, how things began and how all creation is connected to it.

You don’t have to be part of an organized religion to believe in whatever you want to.

10. January 23, 2013 at 11:08

My core beliefs gravitate more towards Scientology, right now I can’t afford to join that cult as you have to be very rich and successful. 🙂 Watch Tom Cruise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2_rZIgrQI I think I can agree with some of the ideas there, like helping people and animals etc.

• January 23, 2013 at 11:25

Oh, that’s very interesting – you’re the first person I know who’s into Scientology!

This is stuff I find very cool: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

• January 23, 2013 at 11:32

Yea buddy, I have read the Satanic Bible. I even tried to join an online Satanism forum to have discussions, but for some reason they kicked me out.

• January 23, 2013 at 11:58

That’s funny and strange. Well, fuck them, we’ll discuss that shit sometime. I want to know more about your views on Scientology anyway.

• January 23, 2013 at 12:49

I like Scientology because it revolves around the central theme that any human being has the basic right to feel special and not just a cog on the wheel of time, that he has the power to change his destiny by his own actions and free will, you have a special place in the universe and you can make things happen by the power of your mind and your higher sense of being. Scientology is good for people who believe in the manifest capabilities of their own spirit and mind, advanced practitioners can achieve some amazing things like telekinesis (moving objects), levitation etc. Your purpose in life becomes very clear, you feel a heightened sense of power and awareness about your surroundings. I’m not a formal member of the Church of Scientology, for that you need access to their counsellors and the one-to-one sessions are more effective. I don’t know, I wrote them on whether I can start my own church in India, I didn’t get any response. They trademark everything that denotes their religion. They certainly attract rich people but having met a few scientologists online, I can say they don’t brainwash them as is believed. Tom Cruise is a poster boy of Scientology but you don’t have to be a douchebag like him to believe in its core tenets.

11. March 9, 2013 at 19:10

When I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive
    4 emails with the same comment. Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!