Nov

Dying Embrace fan burns the band’s t-shirt as a mark of protest

dying embrace bandHere’s what I got in the mail this morning. Somebody who used to buy all the merchandise put out by Indian doom-death metal band Dying Embrace, set his favourite t-shirt of the Bangalore band on fire. This was his way of protesting against Dying Embrace’s vocalist Vikram Bhat’s unbelievably childish behaviour, which seems to have grown since the act made its comeback three years ago. Many claim Vikram Bhat’s struggle for power in Bangalore’s underground metal scene and his high-handedness stem from insecurity and jealousy. Below the slideshow is what the sender of the email had to say.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Hello, Aditya. Hope you had a look at the pictures, I would like you to publish them on your blog. The pictures, as you can see are of me burning the Dying Embrace t-shirt. Now, of course, if you decide to publish them, a proper justification would be expected from my side, as to why I did it and the other main question, why do I choose to keep my identity anonymous.

The post that was published on 4th Nov 2013 has created quite a stir judging from the comments and reactions. Almost all of the accusations against Vikram Bhatt/Bangalore Doom Syndicate are right. I don’t want to come across as a know-it-all but even before the post was published, I knew many of the things that have been exposed in the comment section. I’m just a person like you who takes his metal
seriously. For me and of course for almost everyone out there, metal is more than just a form of entertainment.

I’m not a big supporter/fan of  his band, especially after listening to the the terrible vocals in the live renditions of the songs. Buying the t-shirt of the band was a mistake, especially during the time when only a few tracks of the band were available online to be heard. When such people claim to be ‘elite’ and try inflicting this belief on each and everyone around them, I’m not the one to take it, and this is my way of saying that I have lost all respect not only for the frontman but for his band too.

Now there’s hatred, pure hatred. The way Vikram Bhat and Bangalore Doom Syndicate express their views through sharp words and actions, this is my way of giving it back to them – my actions to express my views.

If this post gets published, I’m quite sure 60% of the people will have views that’ll be against my expression and actions, 30% might be supportive and 10% won’t care and take it as entertainment. It’s alright with me, to each is own. To the lot who would actually care about this episode, I think this entire note from me is more or less enough to clear any doubts.

Now, why do I choose to keep my identity anonymous? I’ll try to be as clear as possible here: How does my face or my name even matter here, I don’t want any recognition, nor do I want to be in the line of any questions; these act is an expression of my views and thoughts and I’m not here to inflict them on others at all. You can choose to ignore them all together.

The burden of doom has been burnt.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE INTERVIEW THAT HAS SHOCKED THE ENTIRE INDIAN EXTREME METAL UNDERGROUND SCENE

180 Responses to “Dying Embrace fan burns the band’s t-shirt as a mark of protest”

1. November 15, 2013 at 15:10

A blaze in the Indian sky.

2. 2 vikram bhat
    November 15, 2013 at 15:23

dude thats the same tee I gave you at TSF 2.

3. 6 vikram bhat
    November 15, 2013 at 15:34

no waaander your hiding your identity. You rabbit shit!

4. 10 Abaj
    November 15, 2013 at 16:01

What a shameful night for Vik and his Dying Embrace and Bangalore Doom Syndicate. A fan burned the band’s t-shirt in disgust. Shame on you, Vikram.

5. 11 The Rapery Falls
    November 15, 2013 at 16:04

I’m not picking sides but I do have to say one thing.

“Keeping that in mind, when people like Vikram Bhat who are mediocre musicians, decide to wreck the future of many other bands by creating a monarchist system, it’s infuriating.”

They aren’t wrecking the future of other bands. They are a bunch of guys who like a very specific kind of music and organize/promote bands and shows that cater to the music they like.

If you don’t agree with them, do your own shows. Make your own fan base. Find a venue on your own, invest money and do a gig. Why haven’t Eccentric Pendulum played a gig in Bangalore in ages? Because they haven’t gotten down to taking the effort to do shows themselves. Its a fucking shame when bands who can’t do stuff themselves blame others for their problems. You don’t do shit on your own but you expect other people to get you gigs and then complain when the scene is dying. I agree that the BDS are a bunch of intolerable twats but man, kudos for them being able to do their shit, play their shows, sell their merch and make (albeit inconsequential amounts of) money.

• 12 Salauddin
      November 15, 2013 at 16:14

maga whores try to make living also by whatever means necessary. tell me one thing bro, how is it cool to tell another organizer to change his schedule and tell him that “dont forget you eating from my table”?? bro crap like that gets you beaten in the real world

• 13 The Rapery Falls
        November 15, 2013 at 16:48

And which world does Vikram and the other organizer live in? If it was such a big deal, why didn’t he actually beat Vik up? I mean, everyone bitches about Vik behind his back but dances to his tunes in front of him. Grow some balls and stand up to him, man!

• 15 Nanga Naach
      November 15, 2013 at 16:22

Puriwale ki baja dali sab logo ne.
      Mehta, tussi bade fuddu ho.
      love you.

• 16 leviathan
      November 15, 2013 at 16:26

Really dude?
      So Vikram says to a band that he doesn’t like their vocalist at all, and tells them to get rid of him, OTHERWISE you’ll never get to play a show I organize.
      Thats justified?

• 17 Azazel
        November 15, 2013 at 16:32

Vikram himself is a third-rate vocalist. He’s not even a vocalist. The rogue sways to the boring music of his backing band and attempts to scream but it doesn’t come out.

• 19 The Rapery Falls
        November 15, 2013 at 16:53

Of course it’s not justified. Totally dick move by Vik. Even worse move by the band. I actually liked Mortar before they lost their spines. Why does the band have to depend on Vik for shows? Fuck him and BDS. Do shows yourself. If you are an out-station band, do swaps with local bands. “You get me a gig in your city, I’ll get you a gig in mine.”

Fucking loserly cunts in the Indian metal scene who live with mummy and daddy and whine all day because some uncle is acting cocky with them.

6. 20 Puneet
    November 15, 2013 at 16:11

Never seen a Dying Embrace tee look this good. Bangalore Chootiya Syndicate.

7. 21 Vikram Slut
    November 15, 2013 at 16:18

To the guy who burned this tee: don’t forget you’re burning my shirt!

• November 15, 2013 at 16:23

Too late. And dude, you’re not Vikram. He’d say ‘your’ not ‘you’re’. Expect 10 sacred laws in your (here he’d say ‘you’re’) email on Sunday. CC’d to 10 of his sidekicks, of course.

8. November 15, 2013 at 16:58

What the fuck? I had such great respect for Vikram but never knew he was this fucking cheap! I thought you guys were the culprit trying to make some name and trying to pull down the syndicate and stuff (atleast that’s what I was told). But fuck that shit, the truth is out know!

@Adithya, We haven’t met, I don’t like your band but total respect man! I’m sorry I spoke shit in the previous post! Now that the truth is out, we know better!

This has been a lesson for all (especially me) but not all is lost! I hope everyone sorts out the issues and get back to doing the real shit! I only want the undergound scene to grow stronger and bigger, not divide into groups and do cheap things like this!

• 24 Rapery Fell
      July 31, 2014 at 03:03

Do you think we are fucking fools “trying to make some name and trying to pull down the syndicate and stuff”??? Huh?

9. 25 No-kvlt
    November 15, 2013 at 17:20

Vikram looks like Satish Shah.

10. November 16, 2013 at 06:44

One cool lady remarked that this protest should have been eco-friendly.

11. 30 Anonymous
    November 16, 2013 at 06:49

……….???????????

12. 31 Bangaloream metalhead
    November 16, 2013 at 10:53

I had an enormous amount of respect for Mr. Bhat but damn he is one insecure SOB. Im still gonna go for BDS gigs cuz they always have a killer lineup. Jimmy of DE is an absolute beast, and i think the other members of DE shold just kick his ass out

13. 33 Toroid
    November 16, 2013 at 12:06

Shame on you Vikram! Disgracing the entire band.

14. 38 Varg Vikernes
    November 16, 2013 at 12:51

Kryptos! Drop out of the alliance! Bevar Sea, you too. I’d rather see you two play with Sanctum, Solar Diety, Exhumed, DR than with those wannabe doomers. And, Vikram, I have a mute swan at home. And I’d rather listen to her than you. Hell, I’d rather listen to those small time bands at Livewire and Decibels than these politicized shitholes. That being said, how many turning up for Livewire and Decibels?

15. 41 Poori Wala
    November 16, 2013 at 13:53

Yo Uncle is so fat he’s Vikram Bhat.

16. 42 Toroid
    November 16, 2013 at 15:40

The asshole is playing the innocent character now! So fucking irritating,

• 43 kiran
      November 16, 2013 at 17:59

it’s ok, bro. “vikram bhat” has been exposed. he will try his best to save face now. see how nobody else from “dying embrace” or “bangalore doom syndicate” is defending him? it’s because they know he deserves it.

17. 45 Shuddhadev
    November 16, 2013 at 18:03

Im with u Vik!!!! as long as ur old school n obscure im wid u!!!!!! fuck dese posers………all hail da true cult of dying membrane

18. November 16, 2013 at 19:24

heh same old Vikram. Now imagine hearing all that while you have the phone glued to your ear. Or actually you can keep it on the desk, go grab a drink, come back and still hear him rambling on.

Anyway, I read Vikram’s comment on Facebook. I don’t have a real reason to comment here other than to stand by Aditya. He can be overzealous but he also has a true heart, something I find increasingly lacking in the people down in Bangalore. And I fucking hate Gujjus!

I don’t know about the business “disagreements” Vikram may have had with various organizers in the scene. Or the role he has played in getting band members kicked out.The truth or falseness of that will follow in the days to come. But I will say this as someone who’s known of him through forums for ten years and personally for almost four years…. everything I know about him from my previous experiences leads me to call BULLSHIT.

Sorry, Vik, can’t help it. “Gotta strike while the iron is hot, right, my friend?”

NO RESPECT

19. 48 NIkhil
    November 17, 2013 at 02:49

Why doesn’t he comment on the email he sent to Sahil!? And if people notice, he has played his cards carefully.
    In the comments section, he hasn’t tagged KC. KC knows almost everything the fat prick has done, he has been in the line of fire for running Transcending Obscurity. I wish the guy who burnt the band’s t shirt would break that cup on his head.

• November 17, 2013 at 02:58

What will he shit in, then?

As soon as Kunal Choksi announced that Albatross was signed to Transcending Obscurity, Vikram sent a Facebook message to Riju Dasgupta, saying something like “Don’t expect to play at any of our shows for a while.”

And a few weeks ago Vikram told one of the Albatross guitarists (Vignesh, I think) that he had only been kidding about what he told Riju, and of course they were welcome to play.

What a clown!

20. 50 punisher
    November 17, 2013 at 05:45

This should be a lesson for the other shameless pricks in BDS. Uncle likes and supports only bands that hang out with him and don’t call bullshit on him. He does not like to be challenged and surrounds himself with people who don’t dare do that. Uncle judges bands based on personality not music. Certain bands which are playing good stuff have never been seen at a BDS gig. All because they don’t bend over for uncle. Nolan and Panaman think being highly opinionated and slagging off bands makes them more worthy players. And idiots buy into their bullshit. Panaman, please drive out those bats from your doom cave so you can hear the mixes better. The songs you mastered for the Motorhead tribute are lacking in various ways. Nolan, you are pretty sloppy live. Luckily for you, there is Rohit to cover for your inadequacies. Get a recording of only your guitar when you play live…you’ll hear the sloppiness. Instead of bitching out everyone, try practicing guitar, or even vocals. Be a man, do the right thing. Don’t fool people like this…long hair, cool-looking guitar, leather and denim don’t make you a better player. Profanity and showing the devil’s horns also will not help you. Keep laughing at other local musicians behind their backs. After all you were laughing behind uncle’s back years ago. Its amazing how your loyalties change to suit you.

21. 51 SILENTLISTENER
    November 17, 2013 at 14:59

Zalzala jaag chuka hai,
    sab ko pata chalega ki gang-war start hone waala hai,
    Laashein is tarah se tapkegi
    jaise nanhe munne bacche ke nunni se pishaab tapakti hai
    Tup tup !!

22. 58 Jawaani Ka Jalwaa
    November 17, 2013 at 17:12

you losers are just jealous of Vikrams kvltness and so to show you idiots the right way i have been instructed to make THIS. pls to be sharing

23. 60 Kunal Choksi
    November 18, 2013 at 07:48

So, I’ve been told about a justifying post by Vikram Bhat on his Facebook page – meant for his friends to see. I’d like to know why I was smartly sidestepped and blocked from the whole thing. Do you have problems with my justifications? A couple of points concerning my bands –

1) Sandesh told Jayaprakash that he can’t sell Djinn and Miskatonic CDs at the CD launch at Echoes from Beneath. The fact is this was conveyed to the band and I know all about it. This was prior to the CD pressing which was in the works and it’s regardless of the fact that the CDs were not ready but the fact remains that they had a problem with my first release being sold at their show, which is childish.

2) Everything that goes wrong is a joke. Vikram Bhat was clear to Riju in his message and it was in a serious tone that “You know this means you can’t play at any of our shows, right?” Riju expressed deep concern and for days after that there was bitterness and a clear sign that it was not a joke. Later on, if you call it a joke, just like everything that goes wrong, isn’t true.

The very fact remains that till date no band signed to my label is playing or is scheduled to play at any of the Bangalore Doom Syndicate shows. I don’t see the basis for this because prior to my signing of bands like 1833 AD, the band was approached for shows but now suddenly everyone is shunning them. I’m grateful to organizers like Simon for giving them a chance, as I will be to anyone who works with my bands – it’s my job to give them opportunities and trust me, it hasn’t gone down well with any of my bands because everyone knows the truth of what’s happening – it’s painfully obvious. Making a justification post from our own wall, restricting it to your friends and blocking people like me to can argue with proof, just shows who’s afraid.

I personally don’t have a problem with Sandesh, despite his apprehensions and smearing picture shared from his wall (again restricted only to his friends – although he did have the graciousness to allow me write access to justify myself), and I’m personally very cool with all the other members of the so-called Doom Syndicate and hate to see them bear the brunt of the actions of someone who’s got no reason to pull down people for no rhyme or reason rather than just bullying others and putting himself and his ego before the scene.

For example, back when I was friends with Sahil, I couldn’t understand why he had to do a CC to all friends about Sahil. He ganged up against him on Facebook, and also Nolan, Salman, Ankit, Gurdip, Madhav, Mayank, Devdutt – who confided in me that it was out of pure jealously and competition. Suddenly, he’s now friends with all of them and all is apparently forgotten – but what about a public apology? Public slandering is perfectly fine, but after ruining their reputation and goodwill, you send a message or a phone call and make peace, like what was done with me, is not the way to go. I personally would like to see an end to all public defaming, this blog too, but it’s only now that the truth has come out and before this I’ve had to suffer unnecessarily for something that I was only trying to do quietly from my end.

My friends are only as good as the work they do – if they don’t do something that’s agreeable with me, especially maligning, insulting and humiliating people, I don’t want to be friends. I never had a problem with opinions and ego – I’ll apologize even now for the support that was expected of me back then when I was too concerned with international bands than Indian ones, but now that I’m back, I’m hellbent to improve the scene and I’m taking steps to achieve that. You call my bands shit, you don’t offer them shows, you even doubt my honesty – all these are cheap ways to thwart me and my efforts. Rather than working together to build up a scene where Indian bands don’t even get a 3-city tour, it’s just an ego trip about who’s the BEST, which should be irrelevant because it’s not about the person, it’s about the music and that’s how it should be.

I reiterate once again that I’m happy to work professionally with anyone to make sure there are more shows and opportunities and which side you belong to doesn’t matter honestly. What’s on your plate is yours, what’s on others plates is theirs. You can’t have it all or take away something that’s not yours.

24. November 18, 2013 at 08:41

I’m posting/pasting Simon’s Facebook update as a comment here with his permission.

“Well, it comes down to this. I had promised Charlie not to go ahead and make any remarks on a public forum, as we had to meet and sort things out. Now I shall explain further. First off, I’d like to say that the explanations offered have nothing to do with my Interview. Most of it, I understand are based on the comment section, and I got nothing to do with it. I respect Mr Vikram just as I would respect any person who is older to me. But here goes:
    1. Paying for a show and walking out after the gig is what everyone does. In that case, I have been supporting the scene from quite a long time as is the case of many others in the scene. But when your sound guy comes up to you and tells you that Vikram had questions on the sub-standard equipment that is being hired at Ion, you have little choice to understand why the topic would be discussed with 3rd person. If it were a pressing issue, I was available to comment. Also, publicly ranting about the “beer being watery” and so on public forums was not how I expected people to react (being the new guy). The fact that people did try and sabotage one of my shows while there being a power cut at the venue did happen. The thing is, I was not the only one ranting shit about how a pub gig was that expensive. Everybody did. And if I did make any remarks publicly, I apologized publicly too. That’s the most I can do. And then had an hour long chat with Vikram on the same.
    2. Regarding the Perforated Limb scene. It’s surprising how “Charlie and the tamil sangam” music might have prompted Mr Vikram to pop valium a while back. Now all of a sudden they are the best Brutal Death act. I did find it amusing and i commented “Lol” on their page. I thought I had clarified things out with Lalge, but I guess this is never going to end.
    (DSimon Santiago
    you will enjoy it! Good Thrash, Death coming along!
    Dying Embrace
    24/02/2013 11:53
    Dying Embrace
    depends on the line up
    f its same old charlie and his brood
    then i better pop some valium
    DSimon Santiago
    24/02/2013 11:54
    DSimon Santiago
    soon Vik
    Hahahaha
    no no
    Dying Embrace
    24/02/2013 11:54
    Dying Embrace
    knowing charlie
    hhhaaa
    all it will be is he and his tamil sangam)
    3. I did Vehement Era 2 weeks before Undergrind. People who hung around with me while preparing for the gig know the number of trips I made to the venue to get the sound scene sorted. As a result, both gig’s turned out to be awesome. I did look for advice from them before my first show. And that’s it. Once this instigating scene started happening, I knew where to go looking for advice. (Further, the pub owner will testify as to how I pushed for a meeting between him and the organizers of Undergrind, and how I pushed him to get scenes sorted to make gig’s sound better. Other wise i have no idea how magically the sound became perfect, according to a review.)
    4. I honestly do not need advice on where and how to go looking for respect. People who go LOOKING will probably find it.
    5. Further – “BANDS” have not pulled out of my gigs. Now I clearly know who to go request to play my shows. One BAND pulled out of the show, and honestly, it did not affect the gig in any menial way.
    6. Someone did mention “jealousy”. That’s pretty lame, considering that I have never skipped any of their shows. TSF will remain the best Indian Underground gig, and I have said this countless number of times. Except for the last one as I was out of town. All this talk about “public slandering” makes me laugh so damn hard, I tear up sometimes. Imagine making meme’s out of people from the same scene.
    7. For that dude who spoke about how people grow old and all that bullcrap, and went on to judge how the “young people are waste of sperm”. Lol at you man, yeah we gonna grow old. But that’s in like 15 years. You on the other hand, might be wearing adult diapers and using hearing aid. So listening to anything is out of question. Chill the fuck out and speak for yourself.
    8. I read the status, not once but numerous times. It’s yet another attempt to show certain people in the bad light. You help a guy buy a ticket or let him in for free does not mean you freaking tell the whole world you did. Many people on my list know that sometimes I don’t even charge them money to enter. It’s not like i’m doing anybody a favour. (Even the bands for that matter)

Now this whole thing is getting too lame with emotional status updates. This will be the last. Anybody wants proof of what I’ve said can PM me and I shall give you enough.”

25. 63 Dark Angel
    November 18, 2013 at 08:49

Idiocy and false ego when there just isn’t evven a true scene for metal in India! First become superstars, have a fan following, earn shitloads and then behave like the spoiled runts superbands are. Till then, help fellow bands and bring the metal scene up together. The bloody gay ego trips are definitely not “metall” – start singing Backstreet lullabies!

• November 18, 2013 at 09:17

Do you have a point here? We are not fucking fools to be abusing random people here. A few of us have been into this music for almost as long as your dear Uncle who loves pointing out his twenty years of yeoman service in the name of heavy metal. I’d have put in twenty too if my parents had fucked a few years earlier than they did.

There are valid reasons to all of this and they have existed for a very long time. The people now perched on Vikram’s dick know it and know it too well because the guy’s ego won’t rest. Dude, Vik, your old friend Chaitanya talked about your sad ego tripping bullshit from way back when after you left Guzzlers some years ago. I was there, Akshay was there……who the fuck are you trying to sell this garbage to? To these idiot kids who download a hundred albums overnight and are now the fucking defenders of metal? There are a handful in this country who connect with this music. You fucking KNOW it and you will never have our respect.

You like to call people who disagree with you jealous..jealous of your success. I can’t speak for the rest of us but FUCK YOU for roping all of us along in your narrow materialistic interpretation of the world around you. It is all you have ever known, growing up selling idlis and vadas but some of us still like to think we have fucking IDEALS.

What is it that you said all those years ago again when Dying Embrace was given a slot at UNDERGRIND out of Akshay Sai Naik’s pocket? “The line is being drawn in the sand…you’re either here or there”. No grace, no humility, utter fucking blemish

• 65 Simon
      November 18, 2013 at 09:37

Comment with your real name, yo. I do sing backstreet lullabies when i take a shit early in the morning thinking of how polluted the scene is because of glorifying dicks like you.

26. November 18, 2013 at 09:43

Chotu
    20 kg chawal
    5 kkg Dal
    5 ltr sunflower oil
    10 lifebouy aur 3 lux bhejna

seth ko bol hisaab mein likh do

27. 69 SolarShitty666hails
    November 18, 2013 at 10:48

As far as Aditya Mehta goes, I think he should focus on his project Solar Shitty more rather than promoting his blogs and interviews. I feel its this attitude of his that got him thrown out of Exhumation in the first place. Speaking about Solar Shitty, everyone who has heard Inquisition can clearly find out that SD is a pure rip off from Inquisition’s last album. Mehta…atleast have the decency to acknowledge the fact that you were once given a slot at Trendslaughter Fest by the same people whom your abusing and making fun off, even though your band sucks terribly.
    Learn to take criticism in a sporting manner especially the negative ones. Try focusing on creating better music rather than ripping off on existing bands. Even your own band mates hated your guts cause even they know for a matter of fact that you always talk from your cock. Since your abusing the bangalore organisers, I would like to see you organising a gig someday. But please dont make it a Matka Metal lineup and let the audience come back at you for drinking urine from a pot. Hell..you couldnt even take that criticism when you were very well aware that you were making a fool out of yourself and the band.
    Lastly I would suggest that you stop acting like a victim cause everyone knows your the culprit behind all this shitstorm.

• November 18, 2013 at 11:52

Please point out how and where Solar Deity ripped off from their last album. I’d love to hear some similarities, if any.

• 71 SolarShitty666hails
        November 18, 2013 at 13:21

You are one of the those noobs who cant even spell the albums of Inquisition and have just heard one album and finds it KOOL just like a few other here, and alas we have a fanboi here . So a big fuck off to you. I seriously doubt your taste seeing your earlier posts in fb where you support Demonic erection as well as Inquisition side by side.
        LOL I dont even feel like answering your questions.

• November 18, 2013 at 13:22

That’s because you have nothing to say, you idiot.

• 73 NecroShitty666Hails
            December 2, 2013 at 09:16

Aditya, we’re sorry that our pet dog Shuddhu humped your leg. We have been telling him to change his stage name to NecroPoseur, but he just won’t listen.

• 74 aakashdwivedi
          November 18, 2013 at 20:35

Simply asked you to point out the similarities rather than doubting my taste in music. I listen to what I like and don’t need to justify, Why can’t you just point out? Because there aren’t any fucking similarities you poseur! Learn the difference between Inspiration and Rip-Off. I love Inquisition more than any other band on this planet so please take your cult preaching elsewhere and fuck off.

Liked by 1 person

• 75 Rohit
      November 18, 2013 at 13:06

Have you even heard Inquisition or did you conjure up such a ridiculous comparison from thin air?

• 76 Rohit
        November 18, 2013 at 13:09

Anyway, calling a band an Inquisition rip-off is a huge compliment, and from your comment, I can see you clearly didn’t intend that. What the fuck is your point, anyway?

• November 18, 2013 at 13:19

Hi Shuddhadev! Tere mein buddhi naam ki cheez hi nahi hai, isliye teri gaand maarne mein mujhe bahot mazaa aayega. Maine woh chootiye Vikram ko bhi nahi jaane diya, toh tu kaise bachega? Aaja beta, ab mai shuru karta hoon teri maa ki chudai.

1. I started Exhumation with Prashant, and there is no force in the universe that can throw me out of that band.

2. If you did anything apart from trying to find obscure death metal bands on YouTube, you would know that I have always acknowledged Sandesh and Vikram as the guys who gave Solar Deity its first gig. We respect them for it, and they know it very well.

3. What criticism are you talking about, you imbecile? When you first heard Raise The Horns you told me it was dark and evil and that we are true black metal. When you heard Supreme Evil you said you loved the song structure.

Sandesh is the biggest Inquisition fan I know. Would he not realize it if we ripped off any of that band’s music? Our manager Aakash is a huge Inquisition fan. Would he have sent our music to Incubus (the drummer of Inquisition) if we had ripped off their stuff? Would Incubus not have realized it, you buffoon?

But but but I’m going to let the people decide. Here are links to all Solar Deity music; please tell us what we’ve taken from Inquisition or any other band:

In The Name Of Satan (EP, 2012): https://mehtakyakehta.com/2012/04/01/in-the-name-of-satan/

Snowless (Single, 2012): https://mehtakyakehta.com/2012/04/22/snowless/

The Darkness Of Being (EP, 2012): https://mehtakyakehta.com/2012/08/12/the-darkness-of-being/

Devil Worship (EP, 2013): https://mehtakyakehta.com/2013/09/01/devil-worship/

Oh, and going by your own mentality, since you are talking this way about my band, I’d like to hear your stuff someday. Let me know when you move out of the jam room and hit the studio or play live before an audience.

28. 79 Boombaystik
    November 18, 2013 at 11:11

I made this a while ago, because I just couldn’t help but laugh at Uncle’s pics. lulz.

What would you rather click on?

29. 80 Anonymous
    November 18, 2013 at 13:44

What is this randapa going on? Itna kya explanation dene ka?

Dying Embrace chodu public hai, period.

30. 83 Anonymous
    November 18, 2013 at 13:50

I havent ever met the person, but i certainly did not appreciate his comments he made in BOA 2012. Definitely seems like something he can do. Had lost respect then and find none now.Live and let live man.

• 84 Buddhadev
      November 19, 2013 at 08:42

Now you know why its a mistake to let the preacher of doom onto a large stage? Drunken wisdom spew….

• 85 Bangalore Doom Stinky Gate
        December 2, 2013 at 08:55

BDS has no clue what happened there. We missed DE’s entire set…what a relief. Most of us took extended smoke break or toilet break to escape the lite doom metal. Srikanth couldn’t get away. He really suffered and had to be placed on suicide watch. Ganesh was hiding behind a bush warming up with Led Zep’s “Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You”. Yes, he really wanted none of that scotch and poori drama. Nolan was hiding behind another bush and picking his nose. He flicked the boogers in the direction of the stage as DE played. Sandesh got stuck in the toilet and had to be freed using a crane. After DE’s set the sound guy stabbed himself to death. Salman did a great job covering that up.

31. 86 Boondh
    November 18, 2013 at 14:08

Chutiye ka facebook……..

Dying Embrace shared a link.
    9 hours ago
    Now that the garbage is out of the way once and for all,its time to get back to what we do best!

Mehta ka blog………

Okay Listen!!
    November 13, 2013 at 11:43

Okay then, we all should get the fuck out of this site and let mehta jerk off to himself!

HMMMMMMMMMMM

32. 90 Maaki chuth
    November 18, 2013 at 14:44

Mehta your blog sucks. get a life you piece of crap

33. 96 Anonymous
    November 18, 2013 at 15:23

Charlie here from Gorified
    I would like to clarify.
    The Undergrind which got down Putrid Pile,where Dying Embrace also played.The investment was done by Akshay Sai and my cousin Roland.Both pulled in 50 % each.
    Undergrind crew organized the gig.

34. 99 Shuddhadev Rajderkar
    November 18, 2013 at 15:47

Since my name has been taken here I would like to state what I really feel about this whole show. I have read all the comments as well as the earlier post regarding Vikram and others as well. I seriously dont find any valid reason for such a shitstorm in the first place. Secondly I dont see any point of defaming people on personal grounds. In my opinion its totally lame and being in a powerful genre such as extreme metal, I personally feel that its completely stupid and childish. And certain people who are hiding behind a pseudonym as stated by me earlier and abusing and accusing the bangalore organisers namely Vikram and Sandesh, just portrays the fact that these very persons are afraid of them(Sandesh and Vikram) and are in the “wrong” somewhere. (No offense but thats the inference I could draw from the whole thing.)

I feel that this whole thing is some kind of a personal vendetta against them and “Metal” is being dragged into it unnecessarily. Honestly I dont see the point being made here. I think certain people are abusing them without even knowing them personally. As far as my view goes Sandesh is a gem of a fellow. He is the most down-to-earth person I have ever met and he has a far more knowledge about extreme metal than a lot of people whom I generally associate with. Till now I haven’t seen him retaliate at all towards this bull shit that is going on for a long time. Even if there is a problem between you guys, why not sort it out face to face rather than doing all these cowardly shit, cause I for a matter of fact is definitely not convinced that they have done something really wrong or have defamed the Mumbai organisers in any way .Well I am sure that my conviction doesnt matter over here but since my name has been taken, I needed to justify myself.

Burning a tee shirt in my opinion is a form of a fail drama and thats what the majority attention seeking whores/posers do, and I thought you(Aditya Mehta) will not give way to such stupidity. Once again if you have personal grievances then try sorting it out face to face rather than creating an entertainment blog out of it. Its entertaining but I wish there was more clarity on the whole thing rather than a one sided conversation with abuses and accuses on the same person/s over and over again.

• November 18, 2013 at 15:50

Since your name has been taken here? I can see the IP addresses, you mustached dickhead. That’s how I knew it was you, you oaf.

• 101 Shuddhadev Rajderkar
        November 18, 2013 at 16:06

Funny to see that this is the only source of entertainment you really have. And let me guess did you actually burn the tee shirt yourself and put a pic of it so as to sensationalise this blog??? Cause I really dont undersatnd why the person who has done it has kept his identity anonymous.

• 102 Anonymous
          November 18, 2013 at 16:43

Will you shave your mustache now that Vik has shaved his?

• 103 Anonymous
            November 18, 2013 at 17:06

Yeah will do once your Dad has done the same.

• 104 Anonymous
              November 18, 2013 at 17:24

He doesn’t keep one. But he can grow one when he wants to. How long have you been trying to grow one? Since DE made their ‘comeback’??

• 105 Shuddhadevs dad
                December 2, 2013 at 08:29

This little bastard has been growing fungus below his nose ever since he got bullied by that 10 year old neighbour girl. She made her puppy shit in Shuddhu’s shoe. Lol…little bastard deserves it.

• November 18, 2013 at 20:29

Shuddhadev, even in these matters you’re dependent on other people’s fathers? Tu do baap ka hai, kya? Vikram toh ek pappa hai tera, lekin doosre kaun hai? Laude ka death metal, bhosadike… follower hai tu, ek number ka poseur.

• November 18, 2013 at 20:22

No, you hobo. What makes you think I’d buy any Dying Embrace merchandise? You retard, the guy who burned his tee has explained why he prefers remaining anonymous. Learn to read, jackass. Fuck, I pity Vik even more now. It’s you and the Necrodeity illiterates defending him LOL. Neither is Sandesh coming forward nor is anybody else from Dying Embrace. Fuck, Vikram – you must be feeling lonely. Where’s the rest of the syndicate? Is there anything else the other members of your band have to say? But more than anything else I feel bad that it’s brainless motherfuckers like you and the irrelevant twats from Necrodeity defending him LOL

• 111 Shuddhadevs dad
          December 2, 2013 at 08:31

Beta please come home and put away your makeup and Barbie dolls.

• 112 Shuddhadev
        December 2, 2013 at 08:22

Lol bruv, what is this IP address and all? Never heard of it before…lol. I’m sure you made it up just to confuse me. I pee, You pee, We pee, Necrodeity…

• 114 A friend
      November 18, 2013 at 18:23

Keep listening to every fail black/death act that comes out and praise it as the next great album. Good job supporting metal.

• 121 Manas
      November 19, 2013 at 02:59

“And certain people who are hiding behind a pseudonym as stated by me earlier and abusing and accusing the bangalore organisers namely Vikram and Sandesh, just portrays the fact that these very persons are afraid of them(Sandesh and Vikram) and are in the “wrong” somewhere. (No offense but thats the inference I could draw from the whole thing.)”

Well, the sheep and the parrots have truly taken over. Fucking idiot, drawing inferences indeed…

• 125 Anonymous
      November 19, 2013 at 12:29

Shuddhadev, how dense are you man? How much more proof do you want that Vikram is a fucking arsehole? And personal vendetta? Dude, nobody has a personal vendetta other than Vikram. Get that through your thick skull.

Its not like the guys haven’t tried to sort it out by meeting over beers. They have and Vikram acted like a cunt even there. If you want to know what happened in the meeting, please do drop in a PM to Simon and ask him.

And lol, you think Devdutt, Akshay, KC don’t know Vikram and Sandesh personally? Dude, they have been in the metal scene since you probably were shitting in your diapers. They’ve seen what all shit Vikram has done. And its so funny that you think you know these two personally after meeting them briefly at gigs and talking to the on Facebook. That is not knowing them personally dude. And nobody bad mouthed Sandesh dude. Neither Simon nor Mehta. His name has been bought up only in the comments by other people. And again, you’ve met him only once (maybe twice I presume?), SO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING CLUE HOW THEY ARE IN REAL LIFE. Sandesh has a slight attitude problem but otherwise he is a really nice guy. Everyone agrees to that you prick.

And dude, you are one of the biggest attention seeking whore/poser I’ve seen. And I’ve seen quite a lot of them. So please don’t talk about people who are actually trying to do something to bring all this shit into light. Its important cause the people need to know what the fuck is happening. And one sided conversations? Dude, there was a comment which contained an email that Vikram sent to Sahil and I’m sure that you’ve seen it. After seeing that, how can you even say that all of this is one sided? And if you noticed in the status update where Vikram offered “clarifications”, you will see that he has not even talked about the email at all. He’s just tagged a bunch of people who he knows will support him. He’s not tagged even a single person who’d actually argue with him.

And Shuddhadev, stop being a keyboard warrior and go out there and make some music yourself before you comment on how bad other’s music is. You are a narrow minded asshole. Please broaden your horizons. There is good music in all genres. Keep that in mind.

• 126 Shuddhadev
        December 2, 2013 at 06:10

Yes, I see your point. I’ve been supporting the wrong team, put my money on the wrong horse. I have shaved off my mustache. Sorry Aditya.

• 128 Kiss my ass
        August 3, 2014 at 03:51

Well said! Similar goes for that angst-ridden rat Rohit Cacaji and his small-town shit mentality. Over-opinionated bastard, you are a big stinky pimple on the arse of metal. Seriously, you should be clubbed to death. You look like a wannabe beggar scrounging for attention. Make some music, then open your arse. It’s always the cunts like you and Shuddhu who have nothing to show music-wise, yes, you are the cunts who have plenty of time to be keyboard warriors and criticize others. Go die in your rathole, you fucking pinhead. I’ll throw a party and call your family. Motherfucker.

• 129 Shuddhu ka chodu
      December 8, 2013 at 04:05

Shuddhu, you are the biggest idiot in this drama. Pointing out that people are using false pseudonyms to abuse Sandesh and Vik, while you, the biggest ass of all is using false pseudonyms to defend them and abuse others. You are a prize dickwad. Hope you get gang raped by hijdas when you come for TSF 3.

35. 132 Anonymous
    November 18, 2013 at 15:48

Gored Face are u talking to me.Use ur real name and then talk to me

36. November 18, 2013 at 17:01

Average metal fan here.
    I just hope this doesn’t affect the upcoming echoes from beneath. Keep calm and chill maadi.

• 137 Ashudhadev
      November 18, 2013 at 20:06

How will it? Idiots like you will continue to support these cunts for life.
      And the name ‘Echoes from Beneath’ itself sounds like ‘Fart’. And almost all bands playing there sound like fart. You can go and fart your life out at No Limmits. No one will notice. Because you’re gonna have everyone from Dying Fuckface to Craptoss to give you company. Enjoy!

37. 140 SilentListener
    November 18, 2013 at 23:41

Dirtier than Indian politics, I suppose. Unfortunately, I supported my local scene (Bangalore) for as long as I was there. I knew nothing of this shit. Quite disappointed to learn about this shitfest that’s happening in my hometown.

38. November 19, 2013 at 03:26

Shuddhadev, tu marathi ahes ka? Bindok manushya vattos re ekdum…aai vadlaanni swabhiman naavachi goshta shikavli nahi ka tula? Dole mitun dusryanchi chaataychi savay ahe ka? Kaay olakh tujhi ya lokanshi? tujha pahila trendslaughter show madhe mee svata organizer hoto, ORATOR cha interview suddha mee kela hota. aata kay bolnar tu? mala tari tujha naav aathvat nahi…ek varshat motha metalhead zaalas ka re bhadwya?

39. November 19, 2013 at 05:22

Low life creature, uv show ur real face here. rock spiders, grow up metha grow up

40. November 19, 2013 at 10:54

bestiality and the comments here are of the same wave so …………… its all …..
    Moot point

41. 154 Hari Pothead
    November 19, 2013 at 16:12

Mehta y u do dis

42. 156 Anonymous
    November 19, 2013 at 17:16

Akshay here … just wanted to clarify that I was part of the undergrind 2011 putrid pile gig and financially supported the show..there were 2 people who had invested for this show ..myself and Roland (charlies cousin) and whatever money was recovered from the gig we divided proportionally between myself and Roland based on the percentage we had invested and it was a fair and equal divide… Honestly this is a bit boring and irritating to write this ….. UG 2011 putrid pile gig was a landmark gig as it opened flood gates for many such shows … there was no profit and loss equation I had in mind and the idea of the show and the money behind it was to purely support underground metal and the DIY spirit !!. .. I am way too out of this crap ! I am happy riding my motorcycle and listening to metal … cheers to all the great metal brothers who stood by us and supported the 2011 show .. cheers to Devdutt, Manas, Gani, Charlie, Tony, Lalge, Cliffy, Anand, Kiran singh the entire grind sickos ! …keep the grind and metal in and hypocrites , hipsters, scenesters and other political dirt out..

43. 157 Chakram
    November 21, 2013 at 02:22

Biprorshee’s comment on Vikram’s Facebook clarifications: “Vik, a status update barely helps.
    Burn a t-shirt, approach a music blog for an interview; better still, start an Ask.fm account. Who’ll know you otherwise?”

Way to get back in his good books, Bipro. And after what he said to Riju and then dismissed it as a joke a few weeks later?

44. 158 Ullas Refreshments
    November 27, 2013 at 16:42

We serve “south indian cuisine” to all who understand the meaning behind the formation and relevance of “bangalore doom syndicate”…… however,,,, if u fail to accept that we are the only metalheads in “bengaluru” who drink scotch, single malts and other expensive whisky,,,, u will be serve 1 poori less…….. one whole puri less,,, do u realize what that means ……… MEHTA PLEASE REVIEW “ULLAS REFRESHMENTS”,,, the pride of “Banaglore”

• 159 Scotchonmyrocks
      November 28, 2013 at 03:33

Fuck you and your threats! I drink more scotch and expensive whisky than the whole of BDS together. Last time I went to Ullas, I managed to get an extra poori free. Mehta, please start drinking scotch and review Ullas, will you?

• November 28, 2013 at 04:15

I gave up drinking alcohol yesterday (this time it’s forever, I swear) but another visit to Ullas is a must! Yash and I had masala dosa there when we were in Banglore for TSF 3, and the food was quite good. But the next time I’ll have to go very early in the morning, when Vik isn’t around… and I have to try these puris/pooris everybody’s talking about. Even this one guy who says Vikram should be thrashed naked can’t stop raving about those damned things.

• 161 Yum Bum
          November 28, 2013 at 09:52

It is true! We might detest Vik (lovable doom teddy bear that he is), but we all love Ullas. Would rather eat some good South Indian food there than all those other horrendous places around. Yes, you must try those ginormous pooris. Let us know when you are here next. Whole bunch of us will take you to Ullas for lunch on a Saturday. Vik will be there, but he’ll be cordial, don’t worry. But please don’t eat from my plate…

• 164 Vijay Mallya
          November 28, 2013 at 16:23

Y u do dis Mehta…

• 165 viks vaporub
          November 30, 2013 at 06:02

I mentioned the thrashing, but no nudity. It would be very traumatising. I don’t like goddam poori. Only like to have beef with uncle.

45. 166 Pradeep
    December 6, 2013 at 11:53

What’s your impression of the lineup and how familiar are you with bands like Blood Division, Dying Embrace and the rest?

Dying Embrace I know because I’m actually a huge fan of Gruesome Malady and Conflicting Theories. I saw Conflicting Theories live when I played at NLS Strawberry Fields as a part of Demonic Resurrection many years ago. Those two guys (Vikram and Jimmy) blew all the other bands and the whole damn crowd away. Then I was shocked when I heard Gruesome Malady and found out the same duo was behind it. I couldn’t believe that kind of sickness could come out of India. I listen to quite a bit of goregrind and I’ll say ‘Infected With Virulent Seed’ is a truly unique album in terms of sound and songwriting and it is enjoyable as hell! Blood Division I’ve heard because Sandesh Shenoy and Vikram Bhat have been promoting them like crazy, so I think even the people who aren’t coming for TSF have heard them! It’ll be great to hear Blood Division play all that at the big show!

– See more at: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2013/02/02/a-candid-conversation-with-solar-deity-mainman-aditya-mehta/#sthash.atrIV1z0.dpuf

46. 173 sickening vik
    March 7, 2014 at 06:44

And a recent comment from uncle “this bunghole is filled with douchebags”. Uncle makes his living selling idly-vada to the locals of Bangalore, but shows his gratitude by calling the city “bunghole” and the residents “douchebags”. Fat fucker would fit perfectly in politics. As Devdutt says: “no grace, no gratitude, utter blemish”. Typical rich boy who never worked hard for anything. FUCK YOU!!!

47. July 17, 2014 at 16:11

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your
    web site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your
    blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

48. 176 Crudo Cruox pimped his mom
    December 24, 2015 at 05:26

That fucking cunt Ravi Balakrishnan is another BDS ass licker who needs to be slaughtered. Crudo Cruox, it seems. Pseudo intellectual motherfucker thinks he’s damn funny with his shit brand of St. Xavier’s humour (or whichever shithole this entitled overopinionated motherfucker crawled out of). I so wish beating the shit out of people for being utter cunts was an acceptable practice. Ravi and his beloved Uncle would top that list. It must suck to be a cynical, overopinionated piece of shit like Ravi the cunt. Hope you get thrown in a pile of human shit….you’ll be the icing on the cake. Fucking entitled cunt…when you die, we’ll throw a party and invite your family. Shove your pseudo intellect up your arse and ask your pal JP and those other depressed assholes in Djinn and Fucksatonic to do the same.

49. June 15, 2016 at 11:21

After this transformation I moved from Scotland to London and decided
    to re-qualify as a personal trainer, because I felt it would be deeply satisfying to help other people achieve their fitness goals.